So, today I was trying to include some MS Ajax control toolkit stuff on the web pages I'm building for a client. I right clicked on the toolbox, added a tab and clicked "Choose Items" then VS up and died on me. Lather rinse and repeat.
Obviously something was very wrong here. After some googling I found a solution:
- Start VS from VS command line in safe mode: devenv.exe /safemode
- Click "Choose items" again.
- be sure to click all the tabs in the dialogue
- observe an exception somewhere, and VS will disable the faulty control
- quit the safemode VS.
- restart regular VS and try again